Monday, January 10, 2011

My name is Michelle Lonnemann and I am a sophomore nursing major at Thomas More. I am from Edgewood, Kentucky, which is about five minutes from Thomas More. I am from a family of five - my mom, dad, two sisters, and myself. My younger sister is a sophmore at Notre Dame Acadmey, and my youngest sister is in seventh grade at Blessed Sacrament. My mom is a vice principal, while my dad sells medical products for Welch Allyn. In addition to the five of us, my family also owns a dog named Cocoa. My family and I are very close and we like spending time together.
I enjoy running and did so at my high school, Villa Madonna Academy. I have run cross country at Thoma More for the past two years. Along with running, I hang out with my friends and roommates in my free time. I also enjoy going to sporting events with my family, especially when we watch my two sisters play their sports. Lastly, I am looking forward to starting my clinical rotations at the hospitals as a student nurse.
I have never taken a philosophy course before. While I have a very small knowledge base, I am interested in learning more about ecology. I took environmental ethics because of its tie to nature and ecology. I truly enjoy the outdoors and I hope to learn more about nature and what others think about it. I hope this class will broaden my horizons and inform me on issues, such as global warming and deforestation, that I have always found to be very important not only for my generation, but the generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment