Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introduction

My name is Joel Daley, I am a sophmore here at Thomas More College. Upon graduation I would like to become attend medical school at the University of Cincinnati and become a pediatrition. I spend a majority of my time running cross country or working my life away at Lowe's, but I always seem to find time to play some videogames, work on my several aquariums, and homework of course (listed in no particular order). I am the oldest of four siblings, including a twin brother, Jake, who I am two minutes older than and I won't let him forget. My dad was formerly the Campbell County attorney until the recent election removed a majority of democrats from office, but he still continues to privately practice law and my mom is a home health nurse, travelling to the homes of people unable to drive themselves to regular trips to the doctor.
The reason I was particularly interested in taking this environmental ethics class was predominately because I believe that in my life time the environment will become an even larger issue. I have and will remain to believe that people today tend to form an opinion strongly based on what their political party stands besides. I am republican, and however strongly I feel about the environment will not change that, but I would like to have an opinion based on feelings and facts rather what is popular at the time. I believe a combination of this class and environmental sciences will give me the ability to form an educated opinion on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment