Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blog #1

My name is Lacey Cline.  I am from Maysville, KY, a small town city about an hour away from Thomas More College.  I am a 2008 honors graduate from Mason County High School.  In high school I participated in many school activities.  I was a five year starter for the Lady Royals basketball and softball teams.  I am the second all time leading scorer in school history scoring over 2500 points.  The main reason I came to Thomas More was  to continue my basketball career.  Although that went downhill when I tore my ACL in my right knee my freshman year.  My sophomore year I tried to come back, but ended re-tearing my ACL that I previously had reconstructed from an injury in seventh grade.  These injuries led me to believe that it was time to hang up the shoes and focus completely on my academics.  I am a nursing major, so that was probably a smart decision because the load is extremely heavy.  I was previously a Biology major wanting to pursue a career in pharmacy.  After my first year, I decided I wanted to change directions and that is what brought me into the field of nursing. 

I have an older brother, Brad, who graduated from the University of Northwestern Ohio, with a major in High Performance Mechanics.  My father is the Plant Engineer at Auto Vehicle Company in Cold Spring, KY.  My mother is the Material Coordinator at Federal-Mogul in Maysville, KY.  We have a black cat named Roscoe.  I brought in a new addition to our family with my dog Laker.  Laker is a Shorkie, which is a mix between Schitsu and Yorkie.  He is only  six months old, so he is still a puppy.  We are currently in the process of potty training, but he is starting to get the hang of things.

Philosophy of Enviromental Ehthics will be my first philosophy course.  Since I do not know much about philosophy or  the enviroment I am very interested on the topic.  With my love for animals and the outdoors, I am eager to learn more about what the course offers.  I am ready to understand some of the major issues that are involved within the enviroment.

No comments:

Post a Comment