Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introduction

Hi, I'm Ashley York and I live in Cincinnati Ohio. I am a sophomore in the nursing program here at Thomas More. I will be starting clinical rotations this semester, which I am very excited about. I am looking forward to going to different hospitals and getting experience on different nursing floors. I play tennis here at TMC. I enjoy going on road trips with the team to Pennsylvania, we all get along very well and always have a good time. I have been playing tennis since my sophomore year of high school. Before I started playing tennis I played Basketball for nine years, and played AAU basketball for six of those years. I also played fast pitch softball, soccer, and volleyball for many of my years growing up. I really enjoy watching sports such as baseball. I am a big Reds fan, and my favorite player is Drew Stubbs.

My family is very important to me. I do not have a large family so the family that I do have is all very close to one another which is really nice. I love going on family vacations with my family each summer to Florida. We always have such a good time while we are down there together. I have one older sister named Brittany. She attends the University of Cincinnati and is working on getting her Masters in English. My dad is a manager at the St. Bernard Post Office and he is my biggest fan. He has gone to all my sporting events since I was a little girl. My mom is a nurse at Christ Hospital and she is always there for me no matter what.

Besides playing sports and spending time with my family, I love hanging out with my friends they play a big part in my life. I have a best friend named Ashley Laible who has played the biggest part in my life. We have been very close friends since we were little kids. She has been there for me in the hard times which I have encountered, also in the good. We went to same school together all the way up until high school. However in our junior year, her dad got a job offer in Dallas, Texas and her family and her left the summer before our Senior year. However even though she lives miles away we still are as close as we were before, maybe even closer. I have been to Texas twice to visit her and I plan on going back down over our spring break. I am very blessed to have the friends who I have in my life.

I have never taken a philosophy class before, so I am not sure what to expect. I am not sure what exactly ecology is all about. However I hope this course broadens my knowledge on global warming, deforestation and other issues involving the environment and human relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment