Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brittany

My name is Brittany Berry and I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio. Everyone celebrates my birthday because I was born on New Year’s Eve, and I recently just turned twenty. My parents have been happily married for twenty-five years, and I am the only child unfortunately. My dad works at Western Hills Builder Supply and my mom works for the Ross Local School District as an educational evaluator. I have a puppy named Abbie who is toy poodle. I attended Ross High School and participated in basketball, softball, and volleyball. Basketball has always been my favorite sport, and I played here during my freshman year in college.

Being a nursing student here at Thomas More College, I decided to focus on my career of becoming a nurse and gave up basketball. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make in my life so far. Working at Children’s Hospital has always been one of my goals in life. I still enjoy watching my two favorite colligate teams, the Duke Bluedevils and the Connecticut Huskies. Other than watching and participating in sports, I enjoy hanging out with family, friends, and my roommates.

I am looking forward to learning about philosophy. I have never taken a class about this subject, so right now everything is new to me. One topic I am anxious to learn about is the case for animal rights, because I love animals myself and I believe this will be of interest to me. That topic mainly stood out, but I am also looking forward to learning about nature and the impact of technology. I think that this course will teach me new things and I will gain a lot of useful information that I did not know before.

No comments:

Post a Comment