Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introduction

Hi, my name is Bethany Haacke. I live at home in Florence, KY, which is about fifteen minutes from Thomas More. I have lived here for the past ten years of my life, when my family moved from Erlanger. I am the oldest of eight; my siblings consist of a brother who is a freshman at NKU, a brother who is a junior at St. Henry District High School, a brother in the sixth and first grade at Immaculate Heart of Mary, and three sisters who are four years, two years and six months. Needless to say, it keeps our house busy. Although there are a mix of personalities, our family is close and always has a lot of fun together. Activities such as sports and family vacations allows our family to remain close. My parents have always put us in Catholic schools and raised us teaching us about our faith, so this has always been something important to our family. My father is the owner of a food brokerage business as well as a small book store, and my mother has been a stay-at-home-mom my whole life.
Growing up with four brothers has influenced the importance of sports in my life. I have always loved and participated in sports such as soccer, volleyball, cross country, and track. I even attempted to play basketball, but unfortunately my height became a factor. However, being a nursing major, I have had little time to focus on anything else in college. As the oldest, I grew up babysitting and helping out with my younger siblings. I believe that this has given me an interest in a career that revolves around caring for others, especially younger children. Ideally, I would like to be a pediatric or neo-natal nurse at Children's hospital in Cincinnati. Another interest of mine is travelling. I haven't had much of a chance to explore areas out of country, and someday I would like to travel around the world before settling down in Northern Kentucky, close to my family and friends. My friends are, and always have been, a big part of my life. I have become very close to some of the girls in the nursing program, and I spend the majority of my free time with them.
I have taken mostly nursing or biology classes so far, and I am very interested to learn about something different and new. I am aware that ecological issues have bacome a rising problem, and I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge on this topic. I have never taken a philosophy class before, and I am excited to gain what this course has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment