Wednesday, January 19, 2011

blog #3

While reading the section of The Lure Of Perfection, it was hard for me to agree with most of what Kohak was saying. The world is not perfect nor is one individual so no one should try to be perfect because it will never happen. I disagreed with the quote, "It is not difficult to find responses to the routine objections to vegetarianism" (p.43). I personally do not think anyone objects to vegeatarianism, it's simply one's choice on what they eat.

Reading All Too Human, I agreed a lot with what Rollin had to say. Rollin seems to find compromise between the two. He does not like to see animals killed but it is done, and he realizes that we are unequal. I definitely think that humans and animals are not equal. I completely agree with the the quote Rollin made which was "in an imperfect world there will be animal experiments" (p. 49). This is true because we do live in an imperfect world, and this is why I can relate to Rollin and his views a lot more that what I read about in the section The Lure of Perfection.

Lastly, today in class one thing that really stood out to me was when we discussed how pets living at home could be viewed as tortured. I disagree with that statement to, because pets can be brought to a much better home than where they were living, even if they are taken away from their family. The Green Halo always brings up many different views some in which I agree and other which I do not. Either way I always end up looking forward to read more because all of the different views are very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment