Monday, January 10, 2011

Introduction

My name is Alice Wallenhorst and I'm a sophomore nursing student. My family is comprised of my parents, three brothers, and my dog. I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio but we moved to Northern Kentucky when I was about four due to my Dad's job. We are a close family which is bound by our love for each other, faith, and events such as sports and outdoor activities. My older brother attends UK and will graduate this Spring and then go to Medical School. Ever since we were little, we shared stories and memories from our eventful childhood. Now that we're older, we can compare stories from college and experiences in the health field. My younger brother is a sophomore in high school while my other brother is in seventh grade. Since my older brother is away at school, it's fun when I go home and can laugh and enjoy the company of my younger brothers. All four of us have different personalities which makes our family enjoyable.
Growing up, I have always enjoyed playing sports whether it was basketball or volleyball. I was set on playing volleyball in high school until I ran cross country my eighth grade year and have not stopped running since. I ran throughout high school and also for the past 2 years at TMC. In addition to running, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, reading, and visiting my extended family in various parts of the country.
For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. However, after spending time in the hospital, it wasn't until early in high school that I thought about becoming a nurse. Though it is not an easy career to study, it is definitely something I feel passionate about. I am excited to begin my clinical work this semester and I look forward to being challenged and learning all that the field of nursing has to offer.
While I have never taken a Philosophy course, I am eager to study the topic and broaden my knowledge in any way possible. Though I like my nursing classes, it will be nice to study something different for a change and look at things from a different perspective. I also enjoy the outdoors whether it is through fishing or hiking and experiencing what the world has to offer; I feel that this course will introduce me to new areas of study that will relate to my intersts.

No comments:

Post a Comment