Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog #1 Introduction

My name is Emily Wesselman, and I am a sophmore at Thomas More. I live in Union Kentucky with my parents and one of my two brothers. My dad has been working for KOI Auto parts ever since he was 15 and my mom was a stay at home mom for the longest time but decided to open up her own grocery/convienent store in Burlington Kentucky in November of 2009. My oldest brother graduated from Thomas More back in 2006 but decided to pursue a career in pharmacy at the University of Kentucky this past fall. My brother and sister-in-law just welcomed into the family a little baby boy right before the new year. So needless to say I am a proud aunt and cannot wait for him to grow older. My other brother also recently got engaged and will get married in August of this year. My family and I have always been close, but after my second oldest brother was in a serious car accident that left him paralyzed from waist down, we have become extremely close.
All my life I have played sports whether it was softball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, and now tennis. There was never a moment in my life where I wasn't playing a sport. I decided to further my tennis career and play here at Thomas More. It was a great decision because I love the game of tennis and it never gets old. Another reason I love to play tennis is because it is outdoors which is a big part of my life. Besides playing tennis, I love to hang out with my friends and family who are a big part of my life.
Even though for the longest time I wanted to be a pharmacist, my mind changed when my brother was in the car accident and it made me realize I wanted to help people more hands on so I decided to take a path into nursing. I love the choice that I made and I cannot wait to see what my future holds for me. Im excited and nervous at the same time because this is our first semester with clinical rotation. I also like the field of nursing because it is never the same thing and constantly keeps you on your toes and a thinking.
Although right now I don't have much familiarity with philiosophy and environmental ethics, I hope this course can broaden my horizon and I will be able to learn to appreciate the environment more and the issues that are surrounding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment