Monday, February 7, 2011

Kestrel's Eye

I found this film to be particulary interesting and weird at the same time. Even though I found the movie to be weird, I thought it succeeded in showing the audience the way the world is viewed from the eyes of a kestrel rather than a human being. I thought the movie was weird because of the no narration and the chirping of the birds got a little carried away. I sometimes had trouble trying to focus on the movie and get something worthwhile out of watching the film. I guess it was the slowpaced of the movie and the no narration that threw me into a loop. If the filmmaker was trying to change the way people view nature, I think he failed in this aspect because I don't think that by watching this movie people are going to change the way thay think and see the world in the point of view of the kestrel.

One thing I did get out of this film is how humans just tend to go on with their lives and don't pay attention to nature. The producer shows this aspect by how the chirping of the birds doesn't change the way humans go on with day to day living. I would say I would fit into this category because even though I appreciate nature, I don't stop to look at the birds chirping, we humans just tune them out like anything else we may not care strongly for. Also I feel as if the producer was trying to show how birds may not be as different as humans think they are today. This is the case because of the way birds needs basic needs to survive and they reproduce and take care of their young just the way humans do.

One thing that I give credit to the filmmaker for is the depiction of the scenery of nature. Not many people get to see the scenery from above like the kestrel's can so it makes the audience realize what it would be life to see life from above and not straight on as we see it today and everyday. Even though watching the movie isn't going to make me stop and look around at nature and birds it was definitely interesting to see what we would see if we were a bird and how birds deal with the humans in nature. Overall it was an ok movie, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to other poeple just because of the no narration and the slow paced movements of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment