Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog 9

I think Kohak makes a valid point when he addresses or more so call us out as a human population that refuses to address the seriousness of the problem we have caused. All other animals exist on this planet and do so with minimal if no impact what so ever, but us however; well we stomp around like a bull in a china shop. Like he said, many of us turn our cars on and do no think about the reprocissions of what we are doing and the he is absolutely right. I have never once turned my car on and thought about myself as a contributor to the problem. I recycled, I don't litter, I use high efficeincy light bulbs, aren't I solving the problem? No, but we think it does and that only goes back to nieveness kohak address in the book. We as humans need to seek "to tread lightly" on the world, because that the way it was intended to be becasue that is the wayefery other organism lives. We can't live that way though because we have become a people that jusdge progress based on growth. We always have to expand, expand, expand until there is no where left for us to go, but then what happens? I don't think anyone knows or maybe people just choose not to acknowledge that we are headed toward that. We are headed towards running out of "resources" and running out of room, and we don't address it because the answer is hard and it would mean we would have to change our culture. I wouldn' t say we are set inour ways, but I would say at this point it would be hard for us to change and it is going to ruin us.

No comments:

Post a Comment