Monday, February 14, 2011

#9

Reading Kohak's view finally, was very interesting to me. He states that, "I rejoice in all that is and lives with a Schweitzer-like joy." (p. 155). We talked about Schweitzer today in class and the occurence with the star fish, and he is on of my favorite philosophers. Kohak brings up many good point many good points, which include automobiles and how we as humans see them as desirable. I can admit that I am guilty of this.

Kohak stated that, "I do not think, however, that we would solve the ecological crisis if we reverted to oil lamps and wood stoves." (p. 157). I do not think this is the correct way to solve ecological crisis either. I think the most important and interesting quote that Kohak stated was, "Nature, in the sense of the complex of all life and all that sustains it-- cannot long service the demands we are making upon."(p. 158). I think this statement is very true. I don't think that we can up with everything that we need from nature. We count on technology today, and even though we are advanced it technology I feel like we are not up to speed on where we really should be to benefit everyone. I agree that we do need to be clear on what we want to accomplishment within our environment and nature just like Kohak.

No comments:

Post a Comment