Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog 6- The Kestrel's Eye

I thought that The Kestrel’s Eye was an interestingly unique movie. It was an interesting twist on a documentary in that it didn’t have any commentary at all. It was definitely different than what I am used to. I think the purpose of no commentary was to emphasis the Kestrel instead of humans.
Even though this movie was different than I thought it made some good points. It tried to reverse the way we see life. It wasn’t from the point of view from a human, but from a bird. The humans, interestingly enough, played a background role. It almost seemed like the humans in the film were too preoccupied with their own lives to appreciate the wonder of nature. I think that this movie emphasized that our ideas of nature put up a barrier between humans and nature.
My favorite part of this movie was when the movie showed the bird’s flying over the landscape. There were many very beautiful pictures of nature from the Kestrel’s point of view. I also enjoyed when the marching band was playing and the birds seemed to be bobbing their heads to the music.  I enjoyed seeing the beauty of nature from the Kestrel’s point of view and I think that the director did a very good job of highlighting nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment