Monday, April 25, 2011

Panel discussions

The panel discussions have been very good so far especially to see what ecological problem each individual has chosen to talk about. Overall life boat ethics is a reocurring topic that a lot of people are picking. I think people picked that because I feel that it is the easiest topic to grasp throughout Kohak and Midgley. Other interesting topics have been chosen , which has allowed to me to get a different feel for the environmental problems. One topic I thought was interesting was the one where she chose to talk about her experience with nature moving from a farm to the city and back to the farm. I thought this was interesting because it allowed the audience to become more interested because it was totally different than the other topics chosen.

With the reoccurring topic of lifeboat ethics, it causes the presentations to become a little dull because there is only so much you can talk about life boat ethics without repeating yourself. When it comes to the class participating it is a little hard to participate when the presentations are dull and hearing the same information over and over again. I find the presentations interesting, I just don't care to ask any questions about the topics which is why I never put my input in the class. Overall the presentations have been really well thought out and I am looking forward to see what the rest of the class has to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment