Sunday, April 3, 2011

Babe pig in the city

This was a very interesting movie and I after watching it I was left feeling abit confused and sad. I was sad because it presented a view point of animals that live in the city and are abandoned by people or are mistreated. I was confused because I wasn't exactly sure how to react to all the "human" qualities that appreared. For example, it was interesting how the orangutang, wore clothes and even insisted on it, while the other animals like the chimps, didn't care after awhile and in the end, went to live in the trees, while the oragutang stayed behind and lived with the humans. In that sense there was definatly a cross over in the species barrier and I thought it was amusing as to how the farmers wife accepted the orangutang taking a liking to her. This movie definatly is a great sense of anthropormorphism. The animals talk like people, show emotions, and even have morals that they live by. In a way, this movie treats them like a lesser society of humans. Any skeptic of antropormorphism would be appalled to watch this I am sure, because the animals do not act like animals, but instead like people.

No comments:

Post a Comment