Monday, April 4, 2011

Babe: A Pig In The City

Babe: A pig in the city was a movie that I thoroughly enjoyed watching. This is a movie that I had never seen before, so it definitley kept my interest. I have to say that I liked it better than the other movies we watched becuase it was not as sad and the animals were safe during this moive. No animals ended up being harmed or killed. I think that because the animals were acting like human like creatues, it made the movie the great movie that it was. The animals were able to talk and express there feelings. Talking animal movies have always been movies that appeal to me. It is a great way for the audience to relate to the animals. I think that some of the characteristics in the movie went a little to far; however, for children they were great. The animals were able to determine right from wrong and make choices. I think in real life animals are not capable of doing that sort of thinking. However, one thing in the movie that I think was a true quality of an animal showing human like traits was when Babe rescued the dog. I believe this shows that animals do have emotions and are sensitive to one another even if it breaks the species barrier. I think this movie really helped me go to back to my childhood years and remember how much animals really did use to mean to me. Living in the country, I grew up with numerous farm animals such as turkeys, cows, pigs, chickens, etc. My friends, sibblings, and I used to pick our favorite ones and name them and we always hated to see them get taken away to be butchered. I still like animals now, but I do not interact the same with them as I did whenever I was a child. I liked that this movie ended with no harm done to any of the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment