Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog 17

Since we haven't really discussed much from the last time we had to blog I don't really have much to say. I think we had some interesting topics on Wednesday but then we had to leave early. I feel like more of the topics last week were about lifeboat ethics so that topic has been discussed already. I kind of agree with the previous post about the treatment of animals vs. humans and how people think it's wrong to kill/harm humans but ok to kill/harm animals. I feel that it is more of just a cultural belief and the way in which we were raised in this society. We're so used to seeing on the news or t.v. shows that if you kill a human you will go to jail. However, if you kill an animal it's not a big deal. I wouldn't go as far as saying animals don't have souls and they are machines or we can treat them however we want, I believe that animals and humans should both be treated with dignity and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment