Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog #14

Babe Pig In the City was a very interesting movie to watch during class. I have never seen this movie before and I thought that it was very unique. We learned about anthropomorphism in class and the movie depicted the true meaning of anthropomorphism because of what the animals said and of course by them speaking in english. Without the use of amthpomorphism in the movie, the people watching it cannot relate and this makes the movie less interesting. I thought that it showed a lot of good scenes that showed strong moral character by Babe, the main character. The best scene in my opinion was when Babe was being chased by a dog. The dog was out to kill Babe and Babe was fortunate enough to get away. The dog on the other hand, ended up upside down drowning to death. Babe, ends up saving the dog that nearly took his life and he ended up getting respect from not only the dog, but the other animals. With all of that said, I didn't especially like the plot and theme to the movie and I also didn't think that the ending was a little over the top. I'm sure that it's a great movie for children to watch, but it just wasn't for me. Babe Pig in the City showed great moral values for children and I'm sure that they enjoy watching this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment