Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog #16

So far, I have enjoyed the panel discussions.  There have been a wide variety of topics, although there have been numerous people that have chosen lifeboat ethics.  Even though each person provided their own interpretation on the topic, there is only so much that can be said about lifeboat ethics.  I think in the next semester to come, there should be a limitation on the amount of people that can choose the same topic in order to facilitate a more flowing class discussion.

There were a few topics that really interested me that were not based directly on the different philosophers in class.  The one on factory farming and the one on cadavers really caught my attention. I actually have a dead persons tendon that is used as my ACL in my left knee, so that is the main reason why I would like to learn more on the cadavers subject. And my dad raises cattle and sells them, so that is why the factory farming topic interests me. I am really looking forward to the last two class periods and learning more about the interests of my fellow classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment