Friday, April 29, 2011

Blog 17: Last Blog

Since we didnt have much time to discuss on Wednesday, I fely like today helped because we tied in deep and shallow ecology along witht eh lifeboat ethics. Today's presentaions were really thought out and the presenters knew what they were talking about and were very interested in their topic. Of course on the last day, a nice panel discussion arises about the population of earth and what it will be like in years to come. I honestly wish the argument lasted longer just so I could hear what else would have been said. I like how he put deep ecology into a certain example and then explained how we think deep ecology is the best route but when it is put into situation it is wrong and an uproar starts. Friday was the first day no one did a topic of the Lifeboat ethics which was nice to see a change in topics and veyr different topics.

Overall these presentations allowed me to think and see what other people think about ecological ethics and see what topic intereseted them after reading Kohak and Midgley. The presentations gave a different feel to the class becuase we could actually here what the classmates think about a certain issue in the environment today. Even though I took the class becase it fit with my schedule, I am kind of glad I took the class to get a a better feel for the environment and how humans today treat the enviornment and the things that live in the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment