Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog16

Ok so this blog is in response to the presentations. So far I am impressed with the amount of people looking into the lifeboat ethics. I say this only because in my opinion, the life boat ethic seemd boring and just not that intriguing. However with all the discussion we are having on it in class perhaps i underestimated it entirely. I found it interesting when somebody attached it to the problems in Africa and then we moved onto the global problems in the environment. I did not realize that the lifeboat ethics could encompass such a wide range of topics. Another paper that somebody did that I thought was kinda neat was the one on how she was close to nature when she was young, moved away from it and is now trying to restructure he relationship with it. At one point she commented on how a small girl she watches is unafraid to get down and dirty with the animals and play in the dirt. I can relate to this because as a kid I was the same way. I didnt care about getting dirty because to me that how you had fun. It was like a fact of life. Now I would probably be less inclined to go play in the sandbox because its dirty, gritty, and gets everywhere. Plus i know what could possibly be living in it. Yuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment