Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog 16

Overall I think the panel discussion have been going well. Everyone's topics seem interesting. There are a lot of people doing lifeboat ethics though. This has not been as interesting. There is only so much you can say about a topic and everyone seems to have taken the same view. This is fine though. I am glad to see that someone is talking about the Kantian view. He has a very interesting view on animals. I also enjoyed the factory farming topic. I can relate to this topic because I grew up on a farm and currently live on a cattle and chicken farm. I don't agree with the current way factory farming is done but I do think that there are better ways to do it. They could give the animals more freedom and they could also do it in a more humane way. This being said though, local farms are always going to be more humane and better, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment