Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog #14

Babe: A Pig in the City was a very appealing movie to me and I am glad I had the opportunity to watch it again as an adult.  I remember watching the movie when I was a child, but of course I forgot the plot of the story.  I thought the producers for this movie did an excellent job of presenting the idea of anthropomorphism among the animals, which enabled the audience to to relate to the animals in a way that they may never thought was possible.  I personally did not feel like I was watching animals because the tasks and thoughts at hand were all that could be incorporated in any human being's life and mind. 

There were multiple occurrances that were very suspeneful and I just kept thinking how would I react in this situation.  For example, when Babe was being chased by the dogs and one of the dogs was hanging by his chain upside down into the creek.  Babe, being a brave pig, resuced the dog even though he was trying to harm him before this incident.  I believe this is a perfect example that the animals in the film were thinking like humans.  I for one would never sit and watch anyone die without making an effort to help in some form or fashion.  Another instance in the film was when the animals were being impounded from the house and the fish was lying on the floor because his tank had shattered on the ground.  Once again Babe put his life at jeopardy and was destined to help the fish in this situation. 

At the conclusion of this film, I think that my soft spot for animals grew even more.  The voices that were used for the animals just made you fall in love and only hope for the best for the animals.  Although there were multiple times throughout the movie I thought there was not going to be a happy ending, I am glad the ending was indeed a happy ending where all the animals lived together happily ever after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment