Saturday, April 30, 2011

last panel discussions

Fridays panel discussions were by the most interesting out of all the discussions. The two that were my favorite topics were the ones about antibiotic resistance bacteria, and the presentation about controlling the population. However as Lacey said I was not aware that antibiotic resistance also is prevalent in animals as well as humans. I found this topic to be very interesting and more scientific based than the other ones.

I also really enjoyed listening to the discussion about controlling the population. I however do not agree with everything that he said, such as the idea of limiting family sizes and not treating the sick. However he supported this reason by very supportive background. I believe his topic caused the most discussion over the past classes for discussion.

I am really glad we did the panel discussions related to our papers. I feel like as if by listening to everyone’s opinions it helped me to understand some of the topics presented by the philosophers. I feel like I have learned a lot from this class and I am glad I took it. It has made me have a better sense for the environment and how all of the living beings in the environment are treated and viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment