Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quiz 13

I think that Mary Midgley would think that Stephan Budiansky is crazy. He does have an interesting point, but I do not think it would be one that Midgley would like. I think Midgley would explain the parcimony principal which is the simplest solution. Midlgley does not like the parcimony principal and she would have examples to back her up. I think would example would be how the researchers explained why the gorilla saved the boy. Animals are always being integrated into our lives and that example puts a barrier up between humans and animals. It is easy to think that animals are beneath us, but in reality most of us are interacting with animals more than we think Animals have feelings and emotions and they can even have a certain body language that helps them to communicate. Often times the language can even go across species. If an animal is lonley and we put another animal with that animal, usually it will no longer be lonley. I think that animals have feelings and language even though they do not speak english. I had a dog all while I was growing up and to this day I still feel that every dog we had would take the feelings and emotions were in the household that day. If my dad would come home from work in a bad mood, then the dog would sit in a chair with him and be in a bad mood too. All of this makes me wonder if there is more to animals than what we know. I feel that we may not have enough understanding about how animals communicate and they could be a lot smarter than what we see them to be. I believe we interact with animals on more instances than we even realize. I know people who bird watch or set out squil feed. Other people feel bad when a dead racoon is laying on the side of the road. All of these interactions and emotions are tied with human animal relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment