Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog # 12

I thought the film Grizzly Man was very interesting to watch and learn about. I really like how it shows the side of human interaction with an animal that may seem like a warm cuddly animal, but in reality is completely different and cannot be treated like a human. Timothy Treadwell did a really dangerous thing in my mind; however, he really cared for the bears and that is what he was trying to show. It is very unfortanute that the bears are the cause of his death, but in a way I think it is none other than his own fault. Anyone with normal common sense would not get that up close and personal to grizzy bears. They are the most dangerous animals known to earth.

I am not sure what was going through Treadwell's mind when he thought this would be a good idea. Even by him acting in a grizzly bear sort of way, they are still different creatures. Bears can do anything at anytime and us as humans can not predict their next move. I cannot believe that he would want to put himself in that sort of danger, unless he was hoping to die in order to make a statement. I think that if he knew that the bears that killed him were going to be killed he might have been a little more careful, because I am almost positive he would not have wanted that to happen.

I have really never watched any movies like this or heard of anyone doing such thing. I think Treadwell was in a totally crazy mind set, and that his friends and family were crazy for not stopping him. It is one thing to study bears and to video them, but to get up close and personal is very dangerous. Grizzly bears need there space just as humans need there space so when Treadwell moved in he was invading their habitat. One thing I do like is that Treadwell caused absolultey no harm to the grizzly bears which was a really good thing. However, that does not bring his life nor his girlfriends life back. I think the entire idea was crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you in that he was probably abit on the crazy side of humanity, but at the same time I wonder how else are we supposed to study species in the wild if we can't get close? Look at how Jane Goodall did with the chimps. I think Treadwell's crucial mistake was not emotionally deattaching himself from the bears and in the end began to "be" one in his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but Jane Goodall did not "become" a chimp, like Treadwell...

    ReplyDelete