Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blog #12

From what we watched of the film "Grizzly Man" I found it very interesting. Timothy Treadwell was very interested in the lives of bears and the habitat that they lived in. I thought that Timothy was very couragous but also somewhat absent mindedness when it came to how close he got to these wild creatures. He loved the bears and that is what he lived for and you could tell through the film how truly happy he was doing what he was doing.

Timothy became really close to the wild bears in Alaska and many people think that he may have thought he was actually a wild bear himself. Peoples' reaction to this felt that he was morally worng and that he was not treating the bears with the respect that they deserve but I don't think that he was doing this intentionally and I feel that he thought he was helping them.

Many people discouraged Timothy's living with wild bears and interfering with their habitat. The natives felt like he was disrespecting the animals which I thought they would be more on his side. The native american that they had documented in the film had a great point about how Timothy was interefering with thier habitat and disrespecting them as individuals.

It is very sad to what had happened to Timothy Treadwell and his partner but I feel they could have taken more percautions. Wild animals live in a different society than we do and they do what they need to to survive. This film was very interesting to me and made me think a lot about the equality of how should treat beings with.

No comments:

Post a Comment