Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blog 13

I can say that I really enjoyed this chapter of Midgley's book and that it was very easy for me to relate to because I have a dog of my own. To say that animals do not have feelings is a ridiculous idea. It is good to hear Midgley defend the species barriers with respect that not only human beings have morals and feelings. All animals have feelings and with relation to class today, I can agree the animals do feel pain, having a horse being whipped was a great example.

When speaking about the "mixed community," we humans do live with animals in our community. As I mentioned above I do have a dog, and I don't know what I'd do with her, sometimes it seems like a dog can be your best friend because they always give you that unconditional love, and can seek out our feelings. I know when I'm upset, my dog can sense that because she will just keep on licking me until all the tears are gone, and she can also tell when I'm in pain. Animals are not dumb at all, and are actually very smart.

I really enjoyed this part of Midgley's book because I really felt like I could relate to it, and I really respect that she defends the species barrier. I agree with the fact that we also but our interest above theirs, and I think that I need to work on this more. For example my dog loves to play ball, but it gets boring for me sometimes so I don't throw ball as much as I should with her because that is something my dog really enjoys. We don't believe that animals objects, and we do believe that animals have emotional lives and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment