Thursday, January 22, 2009

movie

The movie we watched today in class was very interesting and unique. I have not seen a movie like this before. The movie did not have any lines in it, only sounds. Not very often do people just sit outside and just listen. People are so caught up in things they never stop and listen to things. This movie did that for people. It followed the life of two birds at the beginning, but ended with babies being hatched. This movie showed the life of the birds and what they do to survive.
This movie was great in showing the daily lives of birds. It showed the one bird going out and catching food to bring back to the other bird who was looking over the nest. People never have the chance to see the daily lives of animals except pets. People never really see the daily lives of wild animals. This movie gave the opportunity to do that. It tried to give a better understanding of what birds see, hear and do.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that The Kestral's Eye allowed us to sit back and watch an animal that we would otherwise pay little attention to. I''ll admit, I got pretty involved watching how cute they were bringing food to each other, and it was really exciting to see the eggs show up one by one, and then they hatched! Too infrequently are humans given the opportunity to have an intimate look into the lives of other animals, and when we get to, as I saw with the film, we realize that we actually care about what's going on and what happens to them. I was actually really worried that one of the hatching birds wouldn't make it, because it was having so much trouble with the egg shell. Would I give those birds a second thought if I saw them fling around the church in my every day life? Probably not. I wouldn't even consider that that pair of birds would have a clutch of six eggs hidden away, waiting to hatch.
    The film also allowed us, not only to see the lives of animals in the "wild" but also the lives of humans from the perspective of the animals. The filmmakers didn't even have to add anything in to make the things the humans were doing look absurd. I mean, I never would have given it a second thought otherwise, but after watching the movie, raking the dirt or rocks into pretty patterns is kind of absurd. There were times in the film when I even forgot that there were humans around. It was a story of survival... and then someone's car alarm went off.

    ReplyDelete