Thursday, April 30, 2009

Natural beauty was an interesting topic in the last class. When I think of it I think of nature as pure and being untouched by humans. It is a beautiful sight that is almost hard to imagine anymore because it seems like humans are interfering with all of nature. Kant's thoughts were true and something that I never really thought about. When people are not familiar with a certain part of nature, we tend to think of it as mysterious and something we do not totally understand. We think of it as forbidding. This would include things such as mountains, swamps, or the desert, etc. Objects in nature that we see daily, we think of as gentle and harmonious and beautiful. Human beings always seem to be scared of the unknown even if in reality, it is not a scary thing at all. In this class, I have learned a lot about nature and the environment. It has opened my eyes and made me realize I need to be more conscious about how my actions can affect the environment and animals in either a positive or negative way. I need to do my part to keep animals safe and the environment beauty and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment