Sunday, March 22, 2009

Buffalo Movie

The video that we watched in the last class was very depressing. The movie "Hear the Buffalo" was about the killing of wild buffalo on Yellowstone National Park. It was hard for me to watch the animals being shot and then struggling to even stand. The fact that someone would video something like this is one thing, but the fact that people are killing these animals who are disappearing faster than we can keep track of is horrible. The buffalo are very unique animals. I did not realize that Yellowstone was one of the only places that they live. I also didn't know about one of the top figures in Montana let people hunt the American Buffalo. The fact that people killed more than they expected is stupid to me. The hunters who killed all of those buffalo were wrong, but the head figures were the ones who were at fault for this massive destruction of these poor animals. When people are given permission to do something, they are going to do the action until they feel that it is complete. I don't think these hunters cared that the buffalo are going extinct, they just wanted to do what they loved whether it hurt another being or not. This video showed me the cruelty and stupidity that people show in certain times. It opened my eyes to things that are being done right here in my own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment