Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here is my project. I decided to do a collage of some animals in captivity and some of their art work since my artistic ability is about equal to Koko's. Some of the more famous animals on here include Christian the Lion and Jessica the Hippo. I also added some of the artwork that animals do. Some are from Koko and Micheal and some are from animals who are trained to do it like elephants and seals. In my paper I looked at some of the moral issues that go along with having wild animals in captivity or domesticated. I also talked about how animals in captivity are put there because they can make money for their owners, whether it be doing artwork like above or being "show" animals.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... Maybe I've just been living under a rock, but who are Christian the Lion an Jessica the Hippo? Great ideas, though. When you put it that way, that is, "animals in captivity are put there because they can make money for their owners," I can't help but be reminded of slavery. It also reminds me of a book I read in the 3rd grade, where this gorrila at the zoo keeps painting these pictures, and he turns out to really be a kid in a gorrila suit who was kidnapped and is now bringing in money to the zoo as their resident gorrila artist :) Not quite the same thing, though...

    ReplyDelete