Monday, February 23, 2009

Blog #5

Lifeboat Ethics is a very interesting theory. I feel that their would be enough seats for everyone if we did not carry so many possession, however; it is hard for people especially Americans to change their lifestyle. Each person has so many possession that it takes up space for other people. I feel that Americans need to simplify their life and stop being so possessive. We want to help others and the environment but we do not want to sacrifice what we have. Sooner or later that need for more is going to come back and bite us in the face. I am not saying to stop consuming all together but people should think before they act. And I feel most Americans don't think before they consume.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this, humans want want want but when it comes to giving its way harder to do. I think that if you want things you should have them but i also think that you should have enough respect to give if its in good manor and not act like its going to kill you to give for once instead of always receiving. Materialistic things are way overrated.

    ReplyDelete