Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The End

The last discussion week was very well done. There was a huge array of topics but we were able to tie them altogether. The heated debate on Friday was very interesting as well and I think that was the most discussion the whole class has ever had. I liked that people were more presenting their opinions rather than just describing the topic they had because that is what would start the debate up.

Overall, this class went very well and I have gained a greater respect for the nature around us and how everything is actually connected. Now, it makes me think when I'm copying 50 pieces of paper, how it is affecting everything and not just the trees. This class was very well done and has definitely opened my eyes. I actually ended up giving up meat for lent to see what being a vegetarian was like. It was eye-opening again because now I am thinking more about where everything came from, rather than just if this will taste good or not.

I have definitely had to rethink where I stood on some aspects of life, because being an animal lover, I didn't realize that I was more partaking in the shallow ecology whereas I should be involved with the deep ecology. Now making decisions I will have more to think about, and hopefully be able to better treat the environment.

Thanks everyone and Dr. Langguth for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment